Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I sleep four hours: Bebo


For months, says Kareena Kapoor, she hasn't slept for more than four hours every night because of overflowing work commitments. But, she's happy being where she is – professionally. Ask her about the obvious comparisons between her real role as a stepmother (almost) to Saif's children and her reel role as a younger one in Siddharth Malhotra's " We Are Family", and she is quick to bury any such references. "It's a role that I am playing, in professional capacity and it is part of that world only .


The role and its context has nothing to do with my personal life," she says. But, she doesn't mind acknowledging the similarities between herself and the character Shreya in the movie. She says, "Even Shreya doesn't know anything about motherhood and stuff. She is a 24-25-year-old career oriented woman, who gets caught in unfortunate circumstances where she has to live with this dying other woman – Kajol's character – Maya because of the man she loves. It's her journey from a career oriented girl to being a mother. It's a role that I would've loved to portray in my style and I have done that."After doing "almost 40 films" Kareena found this role extremely tough, perhaps her toughest to date. "It's a special role for me; in fact, it would be so for any actor today. If I may say that, it's the toughest role in the movie. There are a lot of feelings involved, between her and Maya, her and Arjun, and her and the children. It is a tough role for me. I haven't seen the film, but I hope it looks good."Yep, Kareena doesn't have any to watch movies right now. She is so pressed for time that she's only sleeping for four hours every night for a while. "Life's been very hectic. I will now be shooting at Riga in Latvia for "Agent Vinod" now. I am also shooting simultaneously for Shah Rukh's "Ra.One" and then in November I'll be working on my next with Karan Johar."


There's much on her platter, and Kareena doesn't mind the gypsy lifestyle, unlike her cousin Ranbir. She says, "I have chosen this career and this life. My career is of utmost importance to me at the moment, and I want to achieve much. It is clearly something I want to do and my family completely understands that and supports me. My mother recently came to London where I was shooting for "Ra.One" and I tried to spend time with her there. I also try and spend time with my sister and her children, but there's just so much time I have. So, it's difficult at times."But spending time with Saif, even if it is for a movie, must have its charms, we enquire. "Agent Vinod is a professional commitment for me. Working with Sriram Raghavan has its own appeal. He is very edgy and I was excited to work with him. I wanted to work with him, so I am in the film. I have stopped doing things as favours long ago – you know when one did a few things here and there for friends or people. I need to know what I'll be doing if I am committing to a movie for 60-65 days of filming. I must enjoy the work that I do or I'd rather spend that time going on a holiday. So, the movie is more about my belief in Sriram's work."

However, shooting in foreign locales with beau Saif must have its own perks, for instance having Bollywood conversations over dinner. "Well, we discuss work after shoot, but not very much. However, it is difficult to not discuss movies. We might not discuss a lot of Hindi movies as he prefers to watch a lot of English titles."

And both fields of achievement are important to her today. She says, "When I came into Bollywood, I knew there would be nothing left for anyone when I joined. People have always known how fiercely career oriented I have been, since the beginning. Acting comes naturally to me and I have to keep the tradition of the Kapoor khandaan going. You see, the good thing is that I don't need to do this to run my house. I love it, so I do it. It's my goal."

But the experimentation also needs to be done in moderation. Says Kareena, "I won't sell my soul but I'll sell my talent. Actors are like scientists, we must experiment to succeed. Otherwise, we will become stagnant. I do want to do different kinds of roles." Does that include evading questions in style, too?


Read more: I sleep four hours: Bebo - News & Interviews - Bollywood - Entertainment - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/I-sleep-four-hours-Bebo/articleshow/6467941.cms#ixzz0yNEYdFrW

No comments: